Art Making This Week
I went on a road trip this past week and brought some temari makings with me. I wanted to combine the new technique mentioned here with some traditional temari embroidery techniques.
My inspiration was the cacti I saw in the conservatory mentioned here.
These were an experiment in using a different base. Traditionally temari's were made with a base of wound up cloth, contemporary temari's are made with a styrofoam base.
For these two I used a tennis ball as the base and it was awesome. I like it because the ball has more bounce than the styrofoam option...not a ton of bounce but good. It doesn't have that styrofoam sound when you squeeze it and I could still push my marking pins in without a problem.