Let's Read Art: Guillaume Reymond
I chose this piece because it was just going to be the boys and I reading art this week and I knew they'd enjoy this piece. Below are the interpretations of Andy and Spencer (my sons) and myself.
WHAT DO YOU SEE?
- i see people in a theater
- they are moving around the theater
- the color of their shirts change to animate a video game
- music is being hummed
- their acting out classic arcade games!
- you're right!
WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT THESE FROM YOUR EXPERIENCE?
- me likely!!!
- oh! that's tetris
- ...and pac man
- a lot of people loved these games in the past
- it's so awesome
- it's performance art
- it's stop motion video
- the sound voice over of the songs is cool
- love that it's recreating old games
- I'd love to see them do a contemporary game minecraft; that would be epic!
- the camera, organization and choreography would be sooo hard
- getting the group to move accordingly must have been hard
WHY DID THE ARTIST PUT THIS ALL TOGETHER?
- it doesn't make me think about video games differently
- to make the world of gaming into a physical and social event
- make gaming human
- gaming turned nteractive
- the patterns in games show up in the patterns in life
These are our interpretations, you may see something different. Oh, and I should mention that when we do this we don't read up about the piece until after we've looked at it.