Let's Read Art: Ernesto Neto
This week we looked at public art by Ernesto Neto. Below are the interpretations of Andy and Spencer (my sons) and myself.
WHAT DO YOU SEE?
- looks like pennies with slots cut out of them
- made of steel
- no it's made of copper, did you know the statue of liberty is made of copper
- it's way bigger than people
- interesting shadows
- public art on display near a walking path
WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT THESE FROM YOUR EXPERIENCE?
- it's like a flower caterpillar
- looks like a toy we have except ours is square shapes
- I would want to move it but clearly it's too heavy to move
- looks like a sculpture of a snake
- it'd be fun to climb
- ...but a bit dangerous
- wish it was made out of something lighter so we could move it and play with it
WHY DID THE ARTIST PUT THIS ALL TOGETHER?
- looks like a toy for a giant
- I love that! yes, that perfectly explains what I see
- yes, a giant baby trying to make a sculpture of a man
These are our interpretations, you may see something different. Oh, and I should mention that when we do this we don't read up about the piece until after we've looked at it.